Barn Drama

It sucks. The #1 problem with boarding is when the gossiping turns to hurt feelings, recriminations and the classic “if you dont like it, leave!”

This was a completely avoidable situation but youth and exuberance often create misguided decisions that are steeped in miscommunication. So here we are, 10 days in to the most BS I have experienced in my 17 years at this barn.

Ive since tempered my anger and hope that everything will return to a calmer state. To be clear, my anger is not directed to any of the recent changes in feed or management, but at the emotional roller coaster the barn has become where no-one must be caught talking to someone else for fear that they be labelled a traitor and gossip. 

Ive put my name on a few waiting lists at other barns but I am really hopeful that I never have to use them should my name ever get called.

Aside from the quality management, and the great trail access, Im also reluctant to make any changes to Q’s routine and break up the best thing he has going on …

his best friend Chester. This big Appaloosa x Canadian gelding is one of those strong resilient leader types that Mark Raschid speaks of. All the horses gravitate to him, but Q is literally glued to the guy. It would break his heart, and mine, if I moved him away. Since Chester is about 20+ and has cushings, I also worry about him dying.

So I stay, and hope for the best, and just wait for the dust to settle.










Comments

  1. Replies
    1. im hopeful it will be a long forgotten story real soon

      Delete
  2. Ugh. Barn drama sucks. I hope it blows over and things go back to calm and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch says the ground

Stepping out in Hungary

Canter Protocol

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll

Pumpkin Spice and the empty cup