Preparing Patagonia

I may come to regret this, but Im not as prepared for this trip as I was for Alberta’s epic trek last spring. In part because I havent ridden in 3 weeks. 😃 The days will probably be shorter (4-6 hours of riding) and its pretty slow riding because its over glacier rocks …. so maybe Ill be fine? Also looks like its just gonna be me and the gauchos as the other riders had flights cancelled last minute. So this trip will be Spanish (actually Castellano) immersion too.

The last few weeks in BA has been momentous, from the run to the final of the World Cup, to the dozens of people who ran in the streets in defense of a small dog in a hit and run, to the amazing fresh fruit and vegetables, to the delicious food and mountains of gelato. BA is big, at times wild, messy and very passionate. I havent found much indifference here.

But now, I have to figure out how to get my backpack to weigh less than 8 kg to fit all the clothes I need for weather ranging from polar sun to blizzard. Yes, I have long winter thermal underwear AND full rain gear. Si dios quiere. ❤️ 



Comments

  1. All your adventures are just so fun, I can't wait to hear about this one, and photos, oh boy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ouch says the ground

Quaint Krakow

Q gets acupuncture

A treasure hunt on horseback

Some good riding days