So long, farewell … 🎵

Last day before our departure and I just had to spend it at the barn! 😃

Didnt have time for much but lost myself in Qs deep brown eyes while doing his stretches and then entered into the fairytale forest of the first winter snow with a horse that was feeling bright, forward and attentive to have just the most magnificent ride amidst the slowly falling snowflakes. 





Gave him his last brushing, last carrots, last kisses. Magical.

Q will be busy while Im gone. He has 3 massages booked. and will be groomed/lunged twice a week, plus his daily turnout with his bestie Chester. The barn family will be sending me picture postcards throughout.

When I travel for long periods, I leave a type of “power of attorney” with the barn owner so she may take all decisions on my behalf and I will cover all costs, including, if necessary, euthanasia. I do not want my horse to suffer a trauma while staff are trying to reach me, and there is no hope for repair. But I also don’t want them to hesitate to send him to the regional vet hospital if he needs emergency treatment.

Im not worried, and sometimes I think this extra clause affords me some karmic protection. Like Murphys Law+, if you plan for it, it wont happen. 😉

So, Argentina, here we come … Im expecting asados, dulce de leche, and lots of vino.

Comments

  1. Have a great time. I do the same when I travel. It’s important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear this! Sometimes I worry that I worry too much. 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Expansion of normal

Happy 8th Birthday Mon Amour!

Quaint Krakow

Prague, dark and moody

The Incident and the Hunting