Brain Blip

So I was a month early in the birthday celebrations but Q didn’t mind the extra carrots. No apologies required.

We’ve been hammered by snow storms, ice storms, blowing snow, snow squalls and blizzards lately making for ferocious road conditions. I opted to stay home and make my way out to ride for the first time in a week. Q was good, although he almost quit on me twice while crossing the field we have nicknamed Siberia with some massive snow drifts capped with a few inches of tough hard ice. He plowed through though and Im pretty pleased with his bravery. Once we hit the trail network, the footing was fine and Q wanted to go very very fast.

We kept it in check for our fellow rider who was struggling and finally opted to get off and walk home. We’ve all been there, right? I got off too, and we took the road back home. It was nice to walk and get the heat back in my toes. Felt like -16C.

Winter can end now, thanks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

What the whip?

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

Trust, a two-way street