Crazy 8 0

Annual Trail Rides: 80/200

On this special trail I got an unexpected surprise of riding with a fellow boarder and kindred spirit. We dont ride very often together (maybe once every two years) because she usually rides with her friends who walk the whole way. But on this day, she offered and I accepted.

She took her OTTB and off we went. We trotted, cantered and there was a stretch of a hand gallop too. She was exhilarated about how much fun it was to do more than walk. And I was exhilarated by that hand gallop. Q got a little strong at that point and just blew through my aids in order to match pace with that pretty chestnut mare. She sure was pretty!

I celebrated this milestone by forgoing our trail the next day in favour of a walk in the woods accompanied by my husband. It was hot, bugs were out, and I was tired when I got home. But lovely just the same.

Ill have to keep this momentum of 5x a week if I want to hit my milestone of 200 rides by end of November. Ill probably start cracking out the bareback pad soon to change it up.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

Riding English or Western? Which is safer?

Canter Protocol

The complications of horses on multi-use trails