Sunshine makes me happy

Annual Trail Rides: 6/200

I had so many topics I thought I might cover in this blogpost: the craziness of this week, our sudden plunge into lockdown and curfew, limitations on barn access, the start of another online term at school, the craziness of my unleashed dragon on trails ... but honestly ...

Life Is Good!

Had some spectacular rides today and yesterday in amazing footing with my wonderful buddy Q. He was hot yesterday and cantering was not safe as we were just barely on the edge of control. So we trotted and did lots of collected/lengthening trot transitions on trail until we got to some version of normalcy. We went back out again today and cantered and trotted to our hearts content. Even after 2 hours at speed, my horse was still GO-GO-GO. I just love this horse! And right now he is just incredibly fit and strong.

And we saw an owl at sunset yesterday, which is my self-declared spirit animal and one which I spot at major life transitions. So, what transition is in store for 2021?










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What the whip?

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

Trust, a two-way street