So when they say thunderstorms, they mean cloudy with occasional sprinkling

After weeks of heat wave and no rain, the grasses are dry, the plants dying and my husbands beloved Hungarian pepper plants are on their last leg. But the grape vine is thriving.

I had planned to stay home today during the thunderstorms to get some housework done (eugh). Once the chores were finished, the sky was grey but not menacing so I skipped out and had another lovely ride. Thats another two lovely rides since my amazing ride of Thursday, although these rides were not quite as lovely as the first. I had to keep adjusting Q to maintain the rhythm as he would speed up randomly. The walk transition at the end of this video is seat and voice.



Ive started clucking at him if he doesn’t respond to my seat, but I found myself having to pick up the reins way too often on these last two rides. I guess we wont be doing bridle-less trails anytime soon. I probably should head back into the ring and practice bridle-less again, but the reality is that he is WAY more forward on trail. And always looking to eat, especially on the single track trails. In this clip, he succeeds twice. After I turned off the video, I started actively managing him and he avoided snacking for the remainder of the trail.


Work to be done. Eugh.

Once I got home, I baked this seeded pumpernickel sourdough stuffed with chives, parmesan and jarlsberg. Delicious and it made for a nice and simple dinner for two (with a ton of bread left over). My sourdough skills are developing nicely.



Comments

  1. That bread looks lovely. Maybe before riding brideless on the trail you try bitless......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I spent a few months last fall in a variety of hackamores, and even rode in just a halter. It went very well, and I realized that hackamores have more bite/brakes than I thought. The halter though, was pretty useless. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stepping out in Hungary

Carb Coma

Canter Protocol

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll

Pumpkin Spice and the empty cup