Goldilocks and riding conditions

This week it was too hot
Last week it was too buggy
The week before that it was too windy
And the week before that, we were stuck at home for 6 weeks.


And now? Thunderstorms are coming.

If I was goldilocks, I would never ride. Especially not in the worst heat wave we have ever had ... in May??? We hit 38 degrees this week. And it was snowing three weeks ago. Crazy weather.

But the birds are chirping, and the skies are blue for now, so I will drag myself off this couch and head out to the barn to gallop in between the rain drops. Being outdoors in less than ideal conditions is always better than being trapped inside.

I love Qs radar ears as he is waiting for me to give him the go-ahead and Im too busy trying to get bird calls to notice.




Comments

  1. There are always reasons to not ride. Sometimes it makes sense. Other times you suck it up and go for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canter Protocol

Quaint Krakow

Prague, dark and moody

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll

Bliss in slow motion