Under the Canopy

Its been a busy riding period, despite the “hot and humid” weather. In fact, the weather has been quite tolerable, and on days when it hits 30+C we ride early. And if we can’t, then we keep it short and quiet and stay under the canopy.

Q is still chunky, and we are trying to rein in the hay but its a challenge with everything else going on in the barn. Meanwhile, we have upped the intensity of our rides by 50% and have created a new “Long Trot” section stringing several trails of good quality footing together to make for a 4 km circuit that we do in 17+ minutes. Tomorrow I plan to venture out alone to strike a new record pace as I have fellow boarders hot on my tail to beat the pace. 😂

My afternoons are spent lounging in my hammock and reading a book. Verity and Greenwich Park were speed reads. Im now reading Trevor Noah’s autobiography Born a Crime, which is skull bending. Favorite book of the summer goes to Isabel Allende “Island Under the Sea”. Brilliant cast of characters.






Comments

  1. Riding early is the key. I’m glad it’s going well. I haven’t heard of Island Under the Sea. I’ll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canter Protocol

Prague, dark and moody

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll

Pumpkin Spice and the empty cup

Bliss in slow motion