Packtrip Preparation

All I can say is ouch!

In addition to increased saddle mileage, ground mounting, and buying outback stuff … Ive also been getting my gear and bags organized (hello multi purpose soap, body wipes, and extra sun shirts), made a return to strength training and cardio every 2 days, added low impact activity to my days, increased my foamrolling and stretching to every day, and cut the sugar/alcohol/processed food. 

I am my own personal project for the remaining 5 weeks.

The result is that Im having mostly long restorative sleep, sans medication, and I can feel my recovery time improving every week.

Yesterday I decided that with 5 riding days completed, I could give myself and my horse a break. I opted for a walk in the woods with my husband, accompanied by Q the charming horse on a leash. It was amusing, as Q hunted the ground for bits to eat, and tried to mug us for the bananas hiding in our pockets. And it was a short walk, on relatively flat ground, along the now dry (but thick with sand) cross country ski trails. I think we did about 10,000 steps. No big deal.

And yet my body says ouch. Quads and hamstrings. So, I guess I need to add more walking to the program. It clearly was more impactful than I thought.





Comments

  1. It’s a good idea to prepare. It’s amazing how different exercises impact us, even those we find easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course we aren’t getting any younger … although sometimes I think exercise can make us feel younger and more energetic 🤷‍♀️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canter Protocol

Carb Coma

What a trip!

Stepping out in Hungary

4 weeks later