The pressure of time on my productivity

I once heard that retirement means that weekends don’t mean the same thing anymore. No more cramming all the chores, shopping and social events into a 48 hour period. Every day feels like the weekend. And the impact is that the pressure of time, and productivity, is lost in the equation.

Our COVID constraints and self quarantine have also meant that time has lost a key measurement. So every day, every week has felt the same. Why not procrastinate if it doesn’t really matter?

As I have been back at the barn almost every day this week, I have noticed that the pressure of time has returned. And my productivity has skyrocketed this week. So not only do I have less available hours to do the work I have to do, but I have doubled my output at the same time.

I did some long and slow rides this week, legging my Q back again. And this morning I was heading out for a short and fast one. It was very brisk, snowing, and Q was very fresh with a few spooks, stops and starts. Five minutes to walk to the trail and then we took off at a trot and only stopped 20 minutes later. Midway through I felt him sigh, release and then relax. What a nice feeling!

Tomorrow will be another short and fast one, this time with canter sets. And then Sunday we will go back to a quiet long and slow as we accompany our trail buddy on his first ride in over 2 months. So we need to be super quiet. Im confident we will be!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What the whip?

Gloomy November

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

Trust, a two-way street

Preparing Patagonia