Gotchya #6 and Bday #9

Love this guy! He has taught me so many things, but mainly to trust myself and be more sensitive. He turns 9 this week and is doing really well. No lameness, keeping his weight low to avoid the dreaded EMS/laminitis that plagues his breed, and constantly checking him for melanoma growths because of his greyness.

I lost my heart horse before he came along, at the way too young age of 12. The impact is that I never take my time with him for granted. I make the best of what we have, and appreciate everything he gives me every day. He gets lots of treats, kisses and love on the daily.

He taught me that you can have more than one heart horse in a lifetime. And when I drive up to the barn, and he perks his head up at the sound of my door, and I holler “bonjour mon amour”, we both know whats in store.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the whip?

Gloomy November

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

Trust, a two-way street

Preparing Patagonia