Bucket Lists

Annual Trail Rides : 148/200 (Bareback 10/12)

Ive been wanting to do this for a long time. Ive been amping up my speed on trail quite intentionally, being more consistent with canter departs, lead changes, and transitions. Ive also been working on much longer canter stretches, pushing my endurance and managing my breath. 

The result is that Q has now defaulted to a lovely cadenced canter on trail for long consistent stretches, while I have dropped all contact and sit on the buckle. Which helped introduce two bucket list items:

1) cantering downhill (Im so fearful of tripping hazards since my last horse was a daisy-cutter)

2) I managed to film a long sequence with my phone while cantering on the buckle

Talk about trust! The small clip is below.

Ive also been spending consistent time with my horse loose grazing under the power lines after a ride and bath. He loves it because his turnout is in a dry paddock! And recently he has been coming to graze next to me, while I sit in the grass hanging out. Since his proximity made me nervous, he quickly sayshayed 10 feet away until I started to breathe again. Today he did it faster, closer and stayed just a little longer.

Its no big surprise that trust is a two way street! 😁






Comments

  1. That is amazing. I also love the song you have with the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Im glad I can use my vacation to push my comfort zone a bit. 😁
      It helps to have a great dance partner!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! That's awesome. Cantering downhill is not for the faint of heart, even on the most trustworthy horses. Love the video clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It felt like a big hurdle! More hurdles to come!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Expansion of normal

Happy 8th Birthday Mon Amour!

Quaint Krakow

Prague, dark and moody

The Incident and the Hunting