Planting a Trap










Annual Trail Rides: 121/200

After six days of chasing a Kubota, I had gotten desperate. So I made an announcement on our Club Facebook that I was offering free chocolate to any volunteer who showed up with the club kubota at trail intersection GBD at 11 am. Lots of riders responded, so I figured I should buy extra chocolate. The pre-wrapped Lindt ball kind because ... covid.

After my rides of the day before I was not really in the mood. But the sky was blue and I needed that Kubota pic. So I put the chocolate on ice in my pack, tacked up my tired pony and promised Q just a quiet walk. He sure was quiet all right.

As I headed down the main drag that leads to the intersection I could see the Kubota ahead. It was 5 to 11. I started to trot and then I heard bells. Riders were coming out of every nook and cranny of our trail system, some wearing bells.

It turned into a happy reunion of sorts, riders chatting and mingling. and eating chocolate of course. The funny part of this trail system with its labyrinth of intersections is that you often ride without seeing anybody. But they are out there.

Dangle some chocolate and an elusive kubota and they come out.



Comments

  1. I'm cracking up. Genius plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day, and the blue skies were icing on the cake!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Come ride with me, in five sections

Gloomy November

Preparing Patagonia

Cold Sunshine