Ooops, she did it again!

Annual Trail Rides: 122/200 (Bareback 5/12)

Bareback jiggerlady (finally sporting a helmet) came galloping up the side path of the ravine as I was climbing out of the ravine. Her horse spooked at me, my horse was startled and all I could hear was raucous laughter. 

When we arrived on the same trail she was two strides behind me so I suggested she pass me. She was flustered and unsure, saying her horse was competitive, as her pinto mare was jigging and jogging head up in the air. But she eventually passed me, and then took off at a trot, never a care or a worry about whether my horse would mind her sudden departure. Which he didn’t, but thanks for asking. 😁

Once she was 200 meters down the trail I just couldn’t help myself, and so I released the Q. Within seconds we were breathing down her ass. She made an abrupt turn on a side trail and disappeared. And I did a little giggle.

My husband chastised me for my risky behaviour, saying I would have been at fault had an accident occurred. Im still feeling indignant for the lack of trail etiquette, so Im not yet willing to concede that I did anything wrong. But it was borderline.



Comments

  1. I don't blame you at all, even if your husband might be right (don't tell him I said that). I think her behaviour indicated that she was fine with approaching and leaving at speed.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Come ride with me, in five sections

Gloomy November

Anomalies of Argentina, Part 2

Preparing Patagonia