Goosebumps

Annual Trail Rides: 82/200

Today we went solo. We started in a half sleepy half spooky state, with more starts and scoots than Im accustomed to. Weather was hot in the sun, but cool in the shade with a gentle breeze through the forest. Q kept watching for boogeymen in the woods ... weird. So I thought it might be best if I pushed him into a trot 20% faster then what he wanted. We did that for about a km and he was sneezing, coughing, and snorting. But after that, we started our canter sets and he was just lovely. 

During one canter-trot transition on the buckle, he literally gave me goosebumps down my arms as he was both super in tune and fluid. We did some nice soft lopes on the buckle, and I used both hands to rub up and down on his neck and tell him how amazing he is. Such joy!

And the ride just got better from there. 😁

As for the forest, it has definitely become a new shade of green.






Comments

  1. I love a nice loose rein lope on trail. Beautiful photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom! I keep working on my goal of 100% buckle all the time. Works great solo most of the time, but add another horse in the mix and its game over.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

Riding English or Western? Which is safer?

Canter Protocol

The complications of horses on multi-use trails