Big Love ❤️

I think, maybe, although I hate to jinx it, that perhaps Q has become my “steady eddy”. Yes, yes, there was that moment back in June when he was a hot tamale and I didn’t want to canter on trail because I couldn’t control his spooking trot. And, yes, he was a little bouncy on those recent days when the temperature dipped.

But, boy, was he just a delight to ride today, on a 3 hour tour of a nearby sector. We paired up with a lovely pal C with her Lusitano cross mare just recently recovered from a laminitis episode that took a year to heal. The mare was obese, but now is looking mighty svelte as she dropped 200 pounds, and now has her hay weighed every day.

Owners of easykeepers: keep the weight down. 👀 

The mare was a bit looky/spooky and struggled to lead, but C kept trying, so Q and I switched around as she needed. And the Benevolent King was 100% there. As we cantered home, he was still very perky but totally tuned in. We trotted back on a side road, passed a noisy diesel truck without skipping a beat and kept on to cross the road. 

I need nothing else. This is all I ever wanted. A fun, sound, healthy horse to enjoy my time off in the pleasure of the woods. No squirrels, birds, or dogs bothered him. He did give a little side-eye to a tarp. 😀

Weather is delightful, and the luminosity has changed this week making everything brighter. Ive been doing lots of bareback rides these last weeks too.

Lovely days ahead.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

Riding English or Western? Which is safer?

Canter Protocol

The complications of horses on multi-use trails