Fail

Annual Trail Rides: 207/200 (Bareback 31/40)

Ive been struggling this week with my bruised ribs. Im struggling to sleep because every move hurts. Getting up hurts. Opening doors hurts. Sitting down hurts.

Pushing a 35lb saddle on my 16 hand horse? 😂

Today I bundled up for a quiet ride with my horse thinking I would just go for a short walk. My horse was feeling fresh. I was not. Every step hurt. My horse wanted to spook at a stump that had a ray of sunshine. I did not.

I dragged myself back, got off, and decided there would be no more rides until I am feeling better. Its too difficult to ride a fresh horse when you aren’t feeling 100%. Your body becomes tight and tentative, bracing for pain. Your breathing becomes shallow. Just no fun.

So that might be the last one for 2021, but its been a pretty solid year! In two weeks its off to sunny weather and hopefully lots of therapeutic ocean bathing! 



Comments

  1. Ugh. I think you were wise. I suspect that Q could tell that you weren't at your best and he decided to take on extra worry.
    Also (putting on my mom hat), you should get your ribs checked out. If they are still hurting maybe you broke one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What the whip?

Gloomy November

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

Trust, a two-way street

Preparing Patagonia