Back in the saddle

Annual Trail Rides 208/200 (Bareback 31/40)

Eight days to go until departure and while I was itching to get back in the saddle, my ribs are just taking a very long time to get better. I spend lots of time resting, lying on heating pads, taking anti inflammatories and avoiding the lifting, twisting and strain that might cause reinjury. Unfortunately I also like to sleep, and sometimes I would twist at night and then set my injury back a few days.

Today I was hopeful, and feeling pretty good. No obvious pain. I headed out, with much warning from my husband that I must be careful, avoid all injuries and definitely not get covid. We are in the final countdown.

A fellow boarder lent me a back brace and while it felt too tight and uncomfortable, it turned out to be amazing.

I wasn’t sure where Q’s head was at after 10 days without exercise and the cool weather of November, so we went for a free lunge in the arena. Nothing exciting, but he got to blow, buck and run around.

I thought he was chill, but then when I got on, he was amped again. Oh well, I figured I would just turn back if it felt unsafe. Well I ended up going a little longer than expected and even had a little trot.

It was great to be back in the  saddle even if it was a very short and boring ride.We played with straightness as Q was a little too enthusiastic to avoid the multiple slimy mud pits between the trees.





Comments

  1. I'm glad you were back in the saddle. even for a short ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back brace is great for my confidence. Definitely recommend. My horse absolutely knows when Im feeling tentative.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What the whip?

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

Trust, a two-way street