The magical forest

Annual Trail Rides: 125/200 (Bareback 6/12)

It was a special day starting with a terrible forecast of thunderstorms and showers that never really materialized. I went to the barn, in part by habit, in part because I was going to be locked up in my office the next few days and I just wanted to have some ME time. I had no plan, no agenda, didn't even know if I would ride.

When the BO asked me to tag-along on a walking ride with her 9 year old niece, I said sure. We headed out with a few family members on foot, me in the lead on Q, and the young rider being lead lined behind me on our half-draft steady eddy.

The ride itself was relaxing and uneventful, and the woods were quite magical in that post-drizzle daze.

We took a detour on our E trail which I now have nicknamed Gallery Row. The city employees have been busy doing artwork with tree stumps and so I told our young rider that she had to spot 5 works of art before the end of the trail. She spotted 8.

It was all rainbows and unicorns, as the little girl was tremendously excited whenever she would see a dog carving, a fitted bench, or even our new additions: the two-step mounting blocks. And when we got to the end of the trail, there was our two city employee carvers waiting for us. We got to say hello, squeeze by the truck and a tree, and then return home by practicing straightness through puddles.

One last dash for work, and then vacation begins in a few days.





Comments

  1. It sounds like the BO's niece added a lot of joy to this ride. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! It is such a gift to connect with our inner child! 🥰

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Come ride with me, in five sections

Gloomy November

Preparing Patagonia

Cold Sunshine