Back in the Tack







Annual Trail Rides: 71/200

A slow week as I was bedridden for 5 days. I finally made it to the barn on the 6th day in the pouring rain and I groomed my beautiful horse to a shine. By the 7th day I tacked up, with a bit of trepidation and went for a ride. I kept the reins on the buckle and chose to trust my horse, and boy did he deliver!

We had lovely trots and canters amidst the walkers and Q charmed the pants over everybody that stopped to talk with us. I tell his budding fanclub to hold their hands out like a plate and he proceeds to licking them. Yesterday a lovely lady who was completely enamored, started backing away and Q kept following her for one more lick. She was in love.

Ive finished my third Rashid book, and I absorbed the lesson of lightness vs softness, and the importance of joy. Yesterday I was filled with joy, patting and scratching his neck everytime he guessed my intentions right. 

My horse was the right prescription for my day. 


Comments

  1. And just like that it’s green everywhere. I’m glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Had another lovely ride yesterday. Bring on the green of spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quaint Krakow

Prague, dark and moody

My worst hour

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll

The Aftermath