This horse gives me wings

Like a Red Bull commercial. I was feeling chill and a little sore so I cracked out the bareback pad for a short ride followed by a shower (Q was a very dirty pig pen) and some grazing. Thought it would make for some lovely nurturing on this day of mothers.

On my last bareback ride in November I fell at a canter and cracked my ribs on a tree, so it was with some minor trepidation that I swung my leg over. 

But with the courage instilled by my mother, I just got on with it. We got nervous at some new metal panels on the way out, and the double sleigh coming our way without yielding but overall it was lovely and I soon began to relax and breathe.

Courage is not the absence of fear but the strength to face it.

Thanks Mom!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Harvest season

Preparing Patagonia

What the whip?

Gloomy November