So I was trotting down this path when …

This story shows how I was obviously oblivious and Q was paying attention but not threatened. His maturity on trail continues to exceed expectations!

Q was excited and energetic. It was our second ride after weeks of confinement (due to icy footing) but our first time trotting. Footing was dry in certain sections and we were both happy to move out. 

I tried to convince Q to give me his « traveller trot », an easy smooth ground covering stride that I can sit for long stretches. Some think he is gaited as I could sip champagne (or cava) when he moves at this pace. 

He tried but his body was tense and in one section he lifted his head up and telescoped to the back right. I thought he might have seen riders behind me but nope. Added some leg to get his attention back, and while he never broke his metronome pace, he was still clearly bothered by something to our right.

And then I saw it. I laughed and stopped to get a better look. I said hello but no response. Of course it was a birder in full camo who didn’t want to tell his watchers where he was hiding with his big telescope.

But my Q saw him. And while he tried to tell me without ever breaking stride, Im clearly not fit for surviving in the wild.



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, a great horse that is ready to save his clueless princess when danger is on the horizon! 😂😂

      Delete
  2. I love this story! He's such a bright boy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is quite chatty if only I would listen better!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canter Protocol

Carb Coma

What a trip!

Stepping out in Hungary

4 weeks later