What a view!

Annual Trail Rides: 192/200 (Bareback 26/40)

While the colours are not as vibrant this year, we are in that magic spot between summer and winter where we get many pretty views. As I rewind my blog posts of 2021, I realize there is another view I have created ... that of my many horseback experiences with Q on the trails. There is no doubt that mileage (or "wet saddle blankets") have made a tremendous difference in our combined confidence and comfort on the trail. The lope on the buckle is almost perfect, and I can almost guarantee he will pick up the right one 90% of the time.

It was quite surprising for me to read some of my posts in the spring and early summer and recall what happened. It felt like a lifetime ago, but it was only 4-6 months. Wow, how we have improved.

We have also gone on lots of solo explorations ... and often that is when I have my best rides. This horse has me giggling on every single ride. Those who ride with us often chuckle at my expression "don't go crazy" when he does an up transition, and he just bombs out the gate. His impulsion at the up transition can be quite startling sometimes. Especially when we are riding with others.

Ive been reflecting on this year of many blog posts and tracking my rides, and I won't be doing it again next year. Its a lot of work, and while its fun to look back and see how far we have come ... I would just rather enjoy the rides and take them as they come.

I will however keep to blogging on a less frequent basis, and have an idea of taking the same shot from the same spot and same angle over the course of the seasons. I have started scouting some possible spots, and am looking forward to that change of pace.

Meanwhile, Im just enjoying my last weeks with Q for 2021 ... as we leave for our 5 week trip next month. Q will be able to enjoy a well deserved vacation, albeit with less carrots and peppermints.




I met this lovely family on the trail on Canadian Thanksgiving and they just loved hearing the stories of Q and his breed. The ladies fawned over Q, and of course he went in for lots of snuggles.



We do love our little watering hole.



One of my favourite riding buddies C.



Why does the horse cross the road?






This video below is of an old hunt trail with decayed jumps. Its just a blast to canter through, although it is a bit dizzying at times. I need a GoPro.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canter Protocol

Quaint Krakow

Prague, dark and moody

Stepping out in Hungary

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll