Magic 7 0

Annual Trail Rides: 70/200

Well the warm and sunny weather came back but we had to endure two days of heavy wind that spook the bajesus out of me when riding in the woods. Q was great and hot to trot. Much energy and spunk, which had me riding with my legs off. Just a hint of an upward transition and he was off like a flash.

The big happy news is that fellow trail buddy C (our summer intern last year) is back, hopefully! We had our first ride together in over 7 months and it was glorious. We caught up on all the changes in her young 21 year life, and I shared my latest anecdotes. When you add on decades, the life changes are small and incremental. But when you are just staring your adult path, the roller coaster of reversals and stops and starts are much more exciting.

So we headed out on a massive long trail with lots of beautiful speedy trots, and I quickly realized I was way overdressed with my hoodie. I endured the heat and sun and just enjoyed the moment. 28 years of separation make no difference. 

Looking forward to some summer fun! And all traces of snow have now disappeared.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 8th Birthday Mon Amour!

Expansion of normal

Quaint Krakow

Q gets acupuncture

Prague, dark and moody