Lilac Season

Annual Trail Rides: 88/200

It was a busy riding week, getting out on the trails every day. Boy does it make a difference with Q who is increasingly soft and attentive. Im trying to ride with more intention of the pace within the gait I seek, and Q is confirming that he is listening. Ive been edging him into a slower lope without the reins and we break into a trot pretty often, which tells me Im on the right track.

I finished Rashid book #4 this week, and it was another good one! (Good horses are never a bad colour) The side effect has been that I now want to buy another young horse to start. Its a ludicrous idea given the cost of board (which, by the way, just went up 20%) and is probably just a consequence of being a little bored and sheltered. Once “real life” gets going again Ill be back to barely having time for my wonderful Q.

Today was a lovely ride to my annual pilgrimage of the wild lilacs. I brought along two young ladies from the barn and they enjoyed the detour, the pace, and the new trails. We had such a good time that we scheduled another trek for next weekend. Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 8th Birthday Mon Amour!

Expansion of normal

Quaint Krakow

Q gets acupuncture

Prague, dark and moody