Shattering people's perceptions of the possible

I did it again.

But Im actually prouder of having persuaded two others to hop on their horses bareback. One of them just kept her halter on and borrowed my neck ring, and she worked it out. The other kept the bridle on and trotted around doing some of our trail obstacles. Very cool!




It felt like summer camp when you are a kid, and you have nothing better to do then to do silly crazy things with your pony.

In my own second session, my confidence was way stronger than the first. But we discovered LOTS of steering problems. And I think Q figured out that I stop in the middle, so while we were trotting a nice circle at a good pace/impulsion he would sharply turn towards the middle while I tried to steer him back. So what did I do? I stopped. Euh, I just rewarded him for it.

So I think my next session is going to be with bridle and saddle, AND the neck ring. I will just do my regular schooling routine of 15-20 minutes and then once he is tuned up I will drop the reins on the saddle horn and use the neck ring. If he gets silly again, I will work through it.

That's the problem with smart horses. They ALWAYS find the loophole.


Comments

  1. Smart horses are awesome, except when they aren’t. 😃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

Harvest season

Preparing Patagonia

What the whip?

Come ride with me, in five sections