Cold Sunshine

Its that funny time of year where the ground is frozen hard, ice has formed on the trail, and we don’t have enough snow cover to keep our barefoot partners safe. But I was itching to enjoy the fresh air and took my surefooted Q out on trail albeit tentatively.




It was lovely. I was happier walking cautiously for half an hour on the trails than any canter circles I could do in the arena. Sometimes you just need a little sunshine, even if its cold.

This week concluded the fall term. I still have to grade final exams, and tie up loose ends with my consulting projects ... but it’s the beginning of the end of the year.

As many bloggers do, I will also work on my end-of-year recap as it has been pretty epic. Much travels, first full year running my own business, bareback riding, and lots of solo adventures with my buddy Q.

Right now Im looking forward to two weeks in a hammock on the beach in Costa Rica, and hopefully getting lost in a new romance novel every day. Until then I hope to spend much time hanging out and having fun with Q, in the cold sunshine.

Comments

  1. We’re in the grip of a windstorm so even though my ring is good it’s too bitter to be fun. Yesterday I was dreaming of an indoor so I could at least do something. But if I had access to your trails it would help! Also, can I come with you to Costa Rica?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my bag will be filled with pillows and coffee maker. ;-)

      Delete
  2. lovely photos of a padded trail on a good horse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love winter riding! But the footing could be better than the icy stuff we have now. Anxious for a good snow dump!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canter Protocol

Quaint Krakow

Prague, dark and moody

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll

Pumpkin Spice and the empty cup