Misty ride with my unicorn

It was a rainy day, but I decided to get out in the woods despite my regular companions abandoning me. I do enjoy a solo ride just the same, and chose to put on the bareback pad for a quiet amble.





I also switched back to my bit bridle with a slightly bigger snaffle which doesn’t pinch Qs lips. Although I enjoyed my hackamore rides, I felt that it was hard to not put pressure on his nose (and create a rub or indent) and I also felt he was starting to disrespect it on our last ride when my buddy and I practiced side-by-side canter on the way home. Ok, maybe that was an unfair test.

Anyways, we had a lovely ride in the woods heavy with fog, and lots of sprouting mushrooms. Q was a gem, and I feel he does a good job of protecting me when Im bareback. He got tense when he felt a deer nearby, and did a bit of a scoot when there was some new tires lying about, but he was quite cautious of not unseating me.

Things are good. Im riding 3-4 times a week, logging about 40-50 km, and both of us are benefiting from regular work and a balance between long&fast and short&easy. And lots of treats.

Comments

  1. It looks like a beautiful ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the beautiful autumn woods. I wish I had spent more hours on the trail when the leaves were in their full glory!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gotcha Day

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll

Bliss in slow motion

Ouch says the ground

Prague, dark and moody