Lucky #7

Today is Qs birthday but Im stuck at home doing the neverending conference calls with faculty and students as we move to online learning. I managed to make it to the barn yesterday to go for a walk on the road with Q as our trails are an icy mess. Q got his favorite (a banana) with his nicker treats and peppermints.

Our walk out was pretty good, and I encountered a few dog walkers with their GSD and other working dogs that mentioned Q was better behaved than their dogs as they got pulled all over. Even on our return when something (the spring air?) got up Qs butt and he started prancing and snorting, he still strayed no further forward than my shoulder and just piaffed on a loose lead. So, I sang to him in the beat of his piaffe and we watched each other being silly.

Happy 7th birthday!

Comments

  1. I'll keep this in mind on my next wind-up-the-tail walk with Mag when he prances alongside me. Try to sing...probably American commercials from the 80s are best. I'm never embarrassed here cuz no one knows them. My Bologne has a first name......Marina: soft as the sea breeze, yet strong as the sea....

    Honestly I used to laugh at rambuncious behavior but I'm older now and find myself laughing less, which is a shame cuz the horse is just delighted to be out there, and seems to love me.

    You spoil Q for birthdays, I love it. I once gave Baasha an entire Aldi Apple Strudel for his bday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q gets acupuncture

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

What the whip?

Gloomy November

Harvest season