Chill Pill

Maybe he was tired from our epic weekend ride. Maybe he was feeling my “under-the-weather” vibe. Regardless, today I got my chillax horse for a little saunter down the trail.

It was cold, but not awful. -11 celsius with bright sun and reasonably good footing despite the big thaw for two days and then a deep freeze last night. Q was definitely more in the mood to stop for treats or conifer snacks than to compete for first place with his bestie Shadow.




So glad I made the trek out to the barn (2 hour roundtrip) and tackled the trails. We actually were able to quietly trot down the trail while bestie Shadow cantered ahead. The increasing distance didn't bother Q one bit. Now thats a behaviour that I can fully get behind! Independence!

Oh, and there were treats. Cuz, love.

Comments

  1. I love that video of him chewing on the branch. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What the whip?

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

Trust, a two-way street