Back to School time

This has been a great week of returning to campus. New students, new classes, new programs, new shoes. After months of “summer camp” spent mostly playing around on horseback in the woods, it was an abrupt pivot to more intellectual pursuits.

But I did miss the barn and my wonderful horse, so I was ecstatic to go back today for a short jaunt in the woods with Q and fellow boarder M. I think my horse literally rolled his eyes at me when I hugged his face and kissed his nose. But he was happy to go for a ride, and get lots of peppermints and carrots for his efforts (and patience).

Tomorrow is a rest day (post osteopath treatment) and then it will be a nice long weekend of trailrides and searching for hidden fairy houses.


Happy labour day weekend!

Comments

  1. September trail rides are pretty wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the change in light and shadows! Such a magical time of year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quaint Krakow

Prague, dark and moody

Canter Protocol

My worst hour

Pocketful of mints, aka the slowroll