Walk in the woods

Being at the barn today was like putting on my favorite old pair of slippers. Chat, groom, chat some more. So wonderful to see my good friends again.

Q was a bit aloof, as he usually is after some absence. The best remedy is to just hang out, no pressure, and let him observe me from a comfortable distance. Eventually he comes in for the cuddles and safety.

I decided to go for a stroll in the woods and Q was happy to comply after being so sheltered for five weeks. We slowly walked and got back into sync. A tree fell nearby, he spooked then looked at me, dropped his head and sighed. Much licking of lips.
Am I not supposed to be in front?

Ok, I follow you!

Surprisingly still spring with sparse leaves.
See you again soon! Trail ride plans coming shortly.





For the most part, our walk was quiet and soothing.

I met some old friends on the trail, got caught up and made plans for future rides. I also observed the various fungi and looked unsuccessfully for the elusive lady slippers.
A little ecosystem of fungi. I counted four varieties on this one.

After our walk, I decided the spring grass would be a treat and Q tried to inhale what he could.


Groomed. Walked. Grassed. Happy.

Its so nice to be back home.

Comments

  1. When I come home, a walk in the woods is one of the first things I want to do. It helps me to feel grounded again. Carmen too is aloof after I've been away. She always comes around (especially at dinner time).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds peaceful and perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time, Ill be looking for more peacefulness at a good working trot. :-) Funny how that itch comes back quickly.

      Delete
  3. When I come home Mag snorts at me, "You smell weird!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I definitely smelled different as my clothes had that Hungarian scented laundry soup. He got over it pretty fast though. I find it amusing. ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Arctic Winter Riding Handbook

What the whip?

Q gets acupuncture

Gloomy November

Trust, a two-way street